Organized in 1939 when ten foundry firms, striving to improve their melting operations, joined forces to employ the Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio, the Gray Iron Research Institute was formed. GIRI split from Battelle in 1948. In 1982 GIRI was renamed Iron Casting Research Institute (ICRI) to reflect the variety of irons produced at member plants. ICRI presently has twenty members located in eleven states and one member in Canada.
ICRI DUES CHANGE!
ICRI has recently undergone a restructuring of dues. We are now offering three classes of membership to new members. The new classes are listed below:
Paid Service Hrs. Yearly Dues Quarterly
Option A 30 Hrs $9,000/Yr. $2,250/Qtr
Option B 55 Hrs $15,000/Yr. $3,750/Qtr
Option C 105 Hrs $24,000/Yr. $6,000/Qtr
Service hours used over purchased amounts, are billed at an adjusted rate. After 105 Hours, additional hours are $100/Hour
To provide means by which each member can become more technically proficient in producing low cost, high quality iron castings.
- To select members who can benefit from the results but also have the qualifications to contribute to this mutual effort.
- To operate with the optimum number of members to permit employment of a highly qualified staff, yet limit the number of members so that the unique rapport between staff and members can function.
- To maintain a technical staff which, by interaction with member technical and operating personnel, can:
- Transfer known foundry technology into member operations
- Develop new technical knowledge or processes for use by the members.
- Assist members in solving specific foundry problems in a consulting capacity.
- Develop programs which will serve to educate technical and operating personnel employed by the members.
- Function as an extension of each member’s staff when dealing with customer problems.
ICRI NEWS AND CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Watch here for News Updates and Events.
ICRI Will hold our MidYear Board of Trustees meeting starting with a luncheon at Noon on December 10, 2015 at the Drake Hotel in Chicago, IL
THORS ACADEMY introduces new course ” CUPOLA FURNACE FUNDAMENTALS”
THORS ACADEMY has also introduced a new course “DUCTILE IRON FUNDAMENTALS – PART I” LINK TO INFO
“Iron seemeth a simple metal but in it’s nature are many mysteries and men who bend to them their minds shall, in arriving days, gather therefrom great profit, not to themselves alone but to all mankind.”
Joseph Glanvill, 1636-1680